12 April 2008

The power of positive drinking

After a week of pure hell flying solo at work, I was ready to get out and burn off some steam last night. Actually, I got talked into it... I have been in shock since the tax bill came in and spending money causes me actual, physical pain lately. But DJ Mark Farina from San Francisco was spinning at a club very nearby, so I went for it. His set was surprisingly uninspiring, but it had been a while since I've stayed out late, so I am totally glad I did it. Thinking in euro helps too... €12.63 isn't a lot for a live set!

The inevitable (mild) hangover had me pensive today. I've been kind of resigned to the idea that I'm just going to have to work in Milano, even though I really don't want to. At a given point in my semi-dazed state today, a small still voice inside wopped me upside the head and screamed "Perchè?" Sure, it's true that most of the jobs are in the North, but I have no reason, other than pure defeatism, to assume that I'm not going to find good work in the capital of the Italian Republic and fourth-largest city in the European Union? That pays well. Near a metro station. With flexible hours and a sensible dress code.

Shoot the moon, right?

1 comment:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

FWIW I think you'll land in Roma.

On your feet and everything.

But then again, I know "The Secret." Mwahahahhahahahahaaa!