20 April 2008

despair

Definitely one of the worst weeks of my adult life... and I've had some hum-fracking-dingers over the years. I had huge amounts of responsibility dumped on me at work, learned belatedly about an enormous crisis my best friend just passed through and a truly horrible, toxic, shocking letter from my Italian aunt basically disowning me and telling me never to speak to her or the family again... it's a wonder I didn't drink San Diego dry.

Fortunately I've grown out of drinking my way through problems, and I have to say I've never passed through a crisis without turning it into an opportunity of some sort. I always view my life as a story - probably something having to do with spending my childhood with my nose in one book after another - and I am sure there will turn out to have been a reason for all this angst.

Just don't know what it is yet...

2 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Mi dispiace...spero che trovi il senso (almeno un senso) al piĆ¹ presto.

Tui Snider said...

Oh my, Paolo. I can relate to growing up with your nose in a book, as well as waiting for life to make sense... I don't have any sage advice. I simply wish I could give you a big hug right now!