30 November 2005

Time stands still...

Well, I wasn't looking forward to spending New Year's without D, but I was OK with it and happy for her... now that she's not going to London it's hard not to be disappointed. Obviously I'm really happy we get to spend New Year's together, but I wanted her to have her adventure. She works so damn hard and she deserves it. She's just fallen through that big-ass crack in American society: she makes too much to qualify for public assistance but too little to really be able to do anything but work.

I'm fucking freezing now that the weather's finally turned appropriate for the season. The thermostat said it was 50 when I got home this morning. 50 degrees! What's up with that? I had to turn the heat on. I like the crispness in the air, though.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the American people aren't rioting, quite frankly. Today I read about the Shiite death squads in the Iraqi police, and I'm just waiting for someone to ask me if I think the Iraqi people were better off under Saddam. I mean fuck. That was always such a stupid, simplistic question... but now it's actually debatable. Anyway, I think it's like that old saying about how to boil a frog; you turn up the heat little by little so the frog doesn't notice.

I feel so fucking brain dead on night shift. Bah!

No comments: