08 September 2008

Day 23: 37,353 words

I got a shit-tay night's sleep last night, with a noisy roommate and my landlord busting in at 7am telling me they were towing cars on the street. Apparently on months where the first Monday is a holiday, they do street cleaning on the second Monday. I sleep-drove a block up the hill, figuring they'd do the second-Monday streets on the third Monday.

Wrong.

Towed, and ticketed.

Love being a car-owner in Boston.

Anyway, my race got rescheduled... they're using that date for a triathlon in Providence that got postponed due to the wannabe hurricane last weekend. So I have some more time to train, which is kind of cool.

Book's kind of writing itself now... though there is going to be an ugly-ass knot at the end tying everything together. Maybe I'll start over at the end and work backwards... hmmm.

2 comments:

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Towed *and* ticketed. That's not cool. They should really have to choose one or the other.

I'm so excited for this book. Just curious: between the book, training, transferring your life across country, spiritual growth and whatever else it is you're accomplishing, have you ever felt more productive and/or alive?

B/c if so, *that* must've been one helluva time for you.

The Daily Rant said...

Paul,

Tomorrow you will see more of where the boob shadow came from - it might not be what you'd imagine. But they are cute! I've been looking at them for over 20 years. And NO, not in THAT way!!! LOL