Tonight I was delivered of a rough draft of a novel of speculative fiction, weighing in at 78 pages of single-spaced 12-point Helvetica. After 31 days of labor, I now have this sort of helpless squirming mass to deal with.
Soon, the editing will begin, but for now... I think I'm going to stop writing for a while, stop thinking about writing, and re-connect with the rest of my life.
Thanks to all of you that put up with my using this blog as a scoreboard, and still kept checking in. (I know your IP addresses, don't try to deny it!)
Thanks so much to all of you who sent me support and encouragement.
- the clue-by-four in beta: Cluesday communiques
- the clue-by-four in beta: men's monday
- like a 2x4 of awesome upside the head
- Day 30: coming in under the wire (48,043 words)
- Day 29: O Eris, o Discordia! (46,747 words)
- Day 27: almost became roadkill! (41,884 words)
- Day 26: 40,611 words
- Day 23: 37,353 words
- Day 22: 36,099 words
- swallowed by an hypothesis
- Day 21: 33,339 words and Tropical Storm Hanna
- Day 20: 31,217 words and 16.1 miles
- Day 19: 29,799 words and some peace
- The Emperor's New Election and the gutless reactio...
- what and how I write
- Day 16: Half the way there! (25,880 words)
- ▼ September (18)
- ► 2007 (43)
- ► 2006 (41)
- ► 2005 (53)