20 December 2005

New York New York big city of dreams...

Yo folks... I'm going to NYC for New Year's!! Most everybody likely to read this probably knows already, but I just can't brag on this enough. Denise was going to go to London for a couple weeks, but it just didn't work out economically, and at a certain point it just occurred to me... why should she give up a perfectly good NYC - SD round trip? We'd have just ended up at some random San Diego bar, so why not do something memorable?

Little did I know what I set in motion. I already knew that Hyatt employees get reduced rates at Hyatt hotels, but as it turns out they actually get free nights at Hyatt hotels... so we're staying for two nights at the fucking Grand Hyatt New York - for free. And it turns out my high school girlfriend is going out of town for New Year's Eve, so we get to stay at her cool-ass Chelsea flat that night. So it's clear that this trip was totally meant to happen.

Not going to go into too much personal detail here, just to be sensitive to my girl's privacy... other than to note that we celebrated six months from the day we met, and it kicked major ass, and she knows how incredible she is, so 'nuff said. Me, I want to shout it from the rooftops, but not everybody is as big an exhibitionist as I am, so what can you do.

I'll write later about the news confirming that the country of my birth is now publicly acknowledged by the Presdent to be a dictatorship - "I do what I want, and fuck you if you don't like it" - but right now I'm feeling happy and in no mood to rage in my usual fashion.

Watchi this space, though...

No comments: