15 August 2007

welcome to cyberKabul!

Apparently (according to the New York Police Commissioner), the internet is the "new Afghanistan:"
"It is the de facto training ground. It's an area of concern."

The report found that the challenge for Western authorities was to identify, pre-empt and prevent home-grown threats, which was difficult because many of those who might undertake an attack often commit no crimes along the path to extremism.

The report identified the four stages to radicalization as pre-radicalization, self-identification, indoctrination, and jihadization, and said the Internet drove and enabled the process.
Well, I'd put myself at Stage Two, unless if by "indoctrination," the commish meant "reading." If so, I guess I'm almost ready for my "jihadization."

Since the unspoken Stage Five is "incarceration in Guantánamo," followed closely by Stage Six: "sodomization with a glow stick," I'm thinking of sticking to my paper diary...

No comments: