16 August 2007

any candidate you want, so long as they're right-wing

The Political Compass website is the online version of the "smallest political quiz"my Libertarian friends used to carry wherever they went so they could annoy people in any setting. Seriously, though, it's useful for people who consider themselves "independents"- for many of us (especially in blogo-cyber-space-land) we're already pretty sure we're close to one or the other extreme.

If you're curious, you can take a test that places you on a grid based on the degree to which you are "left" or "right" on the economic scale as well as how socially libertarian or authoritarian you are. I, of course, am way the hell out in -9.12, -8.51 la-la land with the moonbats. w00t!

The folks who put together the website have figured out where the 2008 Presidential candidates fit on the map:

Usprimaries_2007

Some fracking choice.

1 comment:

Stewart Rhodes said...

I don't think the folks who made that test were at all fair to Ron Paul to place him within the right authoritarian square (albeit in the lower right hand corner of that square). I used to work for Congressman Paul, and I can tell you that there is very little we disagree on, and I scored way down in the mid lower part of the right-libertarian square. I think Dr. Paul would be there as well.

A better test is the original worlds smallest political quiz. Some of the questions in this one were really rather irrelevant to figuring out whether someone is authoritarian or not, or how they stand on economics. For example, what does this "question" tell us? - "Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all."

As a matter of personal opinion? As a matter of law? What does that mean? I may, as a more realist artist, think most abstract art is crap (which I do) but what does that have to do with whether I think there should be some dumb law regarding art? Nothing.

Just my two cents. Stewart