30 September 2006

If a man is beaten to the ground in a soundproof chamber, does he make a noise?

Hidden in the new "enemy combatant" legislation just pushed through Congress is a little surprise: the president can now seize and hold anybody he wants, even a US citizen, for as long as he wants, so long as he says they have " purposefully and materially supported hostilities against the United States."

Given that they have said for so long that opposition to the war aids the terrorists, how unlikely is it that anti-war troublemakers are going to start disappearing.

Paranoid? maybe...
First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up,
because I wasn't a Communist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up,
because I wasn't a Jew.
Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up,
because I was a Protestant.
Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left
to speak up for me.
UPDATE: I finally found something to cheer me up... Goddess bless Jon Stewart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Thank GOD for Jon Stewart - otherwise where would we get our news? How would we know about things? I guess that's why we liberals are sooooo much smarter than those conservatives who get their information from "books", "newspapers" and people we know/family members who are actually working in Iraq or in the military. Because we all know what schills they are for the RethugliKKKans, right? Wow, yeah. Thank Gaia for Jon Stewart. and btw: I totally agree: terrorists should have exactly the same rights as American citizens. I can't wait until my clit is cut off and I'm forced to wear a Burkha!

Paul Daniel Ash said...

WoW!!! My very own troll! This is great... I must have really hit the big leagues now.