07 October 2005

Here come those Santa Ana winds again...

It was a beautiful October day, mid 80s at the beach and bright bright sun. I smelled smoke on my way to work today, though, which does remind one of the downside of the Santa Anas. Still, I'm glad I enjoyed it, since the cooler weather is coming back this weekend.

I am working nights now, 10:30 to 6:30; I'm basically on Central European Summer time, getting to work at 7:30 in Rome, and going home at a respectable Italian 3:30. It's mostly just busy work until things get hopping in Puerto Rico at around 4:30 am Cali time, but the main difficulty for me is working at night and sleeping during the day. I'm basically subsisting on short naps through the day, and I feel like I'm walking underwater a lot of the time. I was really planning on writing and studying at night, but until my rhythms even out, it's all I can do to function.

This BBC programme has yet another reference to Bush telling foreign leaders about his conversations with God. It would be laughable, but this cartoonish Christianity is shockingly common at high levels in the US government. Future generations will shudder...

It's good to see conservatives attacking each other the way the left has for so many years; we shouldn't get too excited about this, though, because the Democrats are so pathetic they can't even take advantage of the first opportunity they've had in a generation. Still, it's kind of nice to see Ann Coulter going after her own side for a change. It's a crack-up, though, to see her rip into this guy for not getting the (admittedly confusing) difference between "which" and "that." Somebody get this woman a sandwich!

No comments: