I have made the transition - everything I own now fits in the back of a 2005 Volkswagen GTI. I was dreading it, but the feeling is one of surprisingly enjoyable lightness and freedom. This is probably what the Roma and Pavee feel - nothing tying you down, the road beckons... if I could fit a bed into the GTI, I might never get an apartment.
Gave notice for June 27, and I have every intention of being at the Grand Canyon the next day.
Watch this space...
- Mile 1,038: Land of Roadside Attractions
- Mile 575: the Grand Canyon
- Mile 525: crashing at the Grand Canyon
- Mile 145: kicks on Route 66
- Mile 0: escape velocity
- If it's supposed to be a "Secret," then why did th...
- creating "the new society within the shell of the ...
- The Pursuit of Happiness
- "They hate us because of our freedoms"
- ▼ June (11)
- ► 2007 (43)
- ► 2006 (41)
- ► 2005 (53)